On the common, Rt. 14 & 58 Irasburg Vt. 05845 | Free Parking | Free Admission
The Congregational Church of Irasburg was organized in 1818 by Rev. Hobart of Berlin and Rev. Leland of Derby with eight members - five women and three men. The first pastor was Rev. James Johnson. The Meeting House was built by E.P. Colton in 1839 and was dedicated in January 1940.
The Methodist Church was organized in 1835. A Meeting House was built the next year. In 1874 this was torn down and a new building erected by E. P. Colton.
The United Church came into being in 1930, a federation of the Congregational and Methodist Churches. At this time the Methodist building was sold to the Catholics, the Congregational building retained as the United Church Meeting House.
Winston L. King was serving under appointment from the Methodist conference at the time of the Federation. Other ministers have been Harold Rekstad, Rev. Albert Kettell, Andrew Currier, Rev. Henri DuBois, Rev. Ulric Lonoue, and currently Rev. Leland D. Smith.
Immediately following the Federation the Ladies Societies of the two churches reorganized as one with the name of The Ladies Aid and Missionary Society of the United Church of Irasburg. The two Church schools also merged.
And so we function today.
Please Join Us on Sundays
Pastor: Rick Shover
Communion is served on the 1st Sunday of the month.
Mass at: 9 a.m.